Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Seven surprises just for you!


I was reading an article recently about seven benefits of music education. I found it interesting, because it was not talking specifically about private music study or school age children. As a matter of fact, I see these same benefits every week in my Kindermusik classroom, even when it's full of little babies! Music education enhances a child's intelligence, academic success, social skills, and even physical fitness. Here are the seven surprising benefits of music education:




  1. Music boosts brain power.


  2. Music leads to literacy skills.


  3. Music adds to a child's understanding of math.


  4. Music helps children live in harmony with others.


  5. Music is active.


  6. Singing helps children stay strong.


  7. Music supports self-expression.


I hope you'll take a minute to read the full article here.



No comments: