Friday, May 22, 2009

Reaching our community - One child at a time


Kindermusik International recognizes that many Kindermusik educators make considerable efforts each year to reach underserved populations of children—those with physical, emotional, or economic challenges in their live. Each year they select certain of these educators to recognize with the Kindermusik Maestro in Outreach award. I am so excited to be named among the 17 educators worldwide to receive the distinction this year. Here is an excerpt from the letter I received from Michael Dougherty, the CEO of Kindermusik International.

"Congratulations on being recognized as a Maestro in Outreach for the 2009-2010 license year! Earning this distinction is a tremendous honor and know how personally proud I am of each and every one of you. You are the best of the best! THANK YOU for committing your life to reaching out to children who would not typically have the opportunity to experience Kindermusik. THANK YOU for sharing the gift of Kindermusik – quietly -- tirelessly – and -- oftentimes without payment or recognition. We THANK YOU and APPRECIATE YOU more than you can ever know."

I would like to personally thank the local businesses and individuals that have financially supported our efforts in providing the gift of music to these very special children! I am often overwhelmed by the children's progress which I am privileged to watch each and every day in my classroom. Thank you for reaching the WHOLE community with me one child at a time!

1 comment:

Sally-Ann said...

Congratulations! Well deserved