Saturday, September 27, 2008

What mile marker are you at?


I've been working for the last month or so on the breakout session I will be presenting at this year's Kindermusik Convention. It will be about working with special needs children as an Early Interventionist. I am so excited about this opportunity to share. It is a wonderful thing to watch these very special children grow and learn in my classroom along-side their peers. During my research, I ran across some great websites and information that I will be sharing with you in the coming months.

One of the hardest things about my job is talking to parents who may not realize that there child is experiencing a developmental delay. As a parent, I understand how hard that would be to hear. Yet, often times, the delay is not significant and can be readily resolved without long term affects on the child, especially if the intervention is begun at an early age. Check out this great resource for understanding your child's development. If you have concerns about your child's development, you should discuss it with your child's pediatrician or another appropriate medical professional.

No comments: