Friday, September 07, 2007


Yikes! Has it been a week already since my last post? I was sick over the weekend, and I guess I have been playing catch up ever since.
I started reading a book last weekend, that is definitely my pick for "book of the month". It's called The New Birth Order Book by Dr. Kevin Leman. It explains the role that your birth order plays in shaping your personality, choice of jobs, and even who you marry. It has been fascinating.
Here's an excerpt:
Which of the following sets of personality traits fits you best? (Pick the list that has the most items that seem to describe you and your way of operating in life.)
A. perfectionist, reliable, conscientious, list maker, well organized, hard driving, natural leader, critical, serious, scholarly, logical, doesn't like surprises, loves computers
B. mediator, compromising, diplomatic, avoids conflict, independent, loyal to peers, many friends, a maverick, secretive, unspoiled
C. manipulative, charming, blames others, attention seeker, tenacious, people person, natural salesperson, precocious, engaging, affectionate, loves surprises
D. little adult by age seven; very thorough; deliberate; high achiever; self-motivated; fearful; cautious; voracious reader; black and white thinker; uses "very," "extremely," and "exactly," a lot; can't bear to fail; has very high expectations for self; more comfortable with people who are older or younger.
A, B, and C listed character traits typical of the oldest down to the youngest in the family. List D describes the typical characteristics of the only child. I am the baby of my family and exhibit many of the characteristics of a last-born child. However, I am the first born girl, and Dr. Leman describes how this has given me a few first born characteristics as well. How did you measure up on the list?

No comments: