Sunday, November 19, 2006

Take a giggle break!

As I'm sitting here listening to my own two children play, I found myself reflecting on the power of laughter. They say laughter is good for the soul, and I believe it's true. Think about it. It's one of the things we all have in common. The ability to laugh. It can be an ice breaker in a nervous moment, a source of healing in a stressful moment, a time of bonding between two people. It's often associated with some of our most priceless memories. Scientists have even studied the power of laughter and determined that it, not only, lowers blood pressure and releases "happy" endorphins, but it can also boost your immune system for up to three days following a good hard laugh! Just think, all this goodness, and it's fat free!! So go on, find something to laugh about today!

No comments: