Saturday, November 25, 2006

More musings of a possibility finder

As the semester is drawing to a close, I find myself reflecting over the session and the families I have worked with. What a joy to be a teacher! You have the opportunity to help establish a foundation of possibility in the life of a child. When I look at my students, I view them for what they could be, not necessarily what they are. Today's stubborn 3 year old may be tomorrow's tenacious world leader. Or what about the little child who is always doing something different from everybody else in class. You know the one? He seems to always be marching to his own little band. Well, that's ok with me too. Tomorrow he may find a cure for cancer, because he has learned to think outside the box. What wonderful possibilities lie within us all? I'm looking forward to finding out!

No comments: